Driving Canada’s economy from the heart of North America.
YOU MAY HAVE HEARD OF THE ALBERTA ADVANTAGE.
From having the lowest corporate tax rate in Canada—at 8%—to municipal incentives like a five-year tax exemption and over $200,000 available for businesses in downtown Fort McMurray, we believe our region is a prime example of what that advantage truly is.
INDUSTRY GROWTH YOU CAN DEPEND ON.
Because of the growth that we continue to experience in the oil sands, Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo has opportunities you can count on.
- 15% of Canada’s Oil & Gas Extraction industry workforce is employed in Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo
- There are 100 Billion Barrels of oil remaining in the Athabasca Oil Sands, which is about 100 years of activity. Over the next 11 years, the Athabasca Oil Sands is projected to contribute $1 Trillion to the Canadian GDP.
- For 2021, capital investment in the oil sands is forecast at $7.3 billion, up approximately 8% from an estimated $6.7 billion in 2020. Increased capital spending for 2021 is a positive sign.
- Through direct and indirect employment, taxes and royalties that support education, health care, infrastructure construction and more, the oil sands are a source of prosperity across the nation.
Significant Unmet Opportunity
Outflow Available for Recapture
Robust Commercial/Retail Demand
High Household Income
Young Affluent Consumer Base
Employed in Wood Buffalo
of Canada’s Oil & Gas Extraction industry workforce
Oil remaining in the Athabasca Oil Sands
100 Billion Barrels
This means about 100 years of activity.
URBAN MARKET OPPORTUNITIES.
Our population is growing. Saline Creek and Parsons creek can accommodate a combined 40,000 new residents. We have no shortage of space for families and innovators to come and find their success.
Our downtown is experiencing a renaissance with our Mayor and Council prioritizing its revitalization. Did you know that Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo still doesn’t have a Costco? There’s room for our first Winners and Lululemon too.
The following is a list of opportunities in leading industries in Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo.
- National/Regional Retail Anchors
- High Density Mixed Use Projects
- Community Commercial/Services
- Branded Outlet Mall
- Urban Entertainment Centre
- Technology Based Commercial
- Health Services/Commercial
- National/Specialty Restaurants
- Hospitality/Conference Centre
- Leisure/Resort Destinations
- Highway Services/Travel Centre
- Auto Mall
OPPORTUNITY IN ADVENTURE
Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo is becoming a destination for tourism as well. With Canada’s largest national park in our backyard and epic adventures to be had, it’s easy to see why. There’s plenty of room for adventure, and just as much room for tourism companies to provide it.
REPORTS, Resources & References
We’ve got expertise in that
We’re confident in our region because we study it intensely. Our knowledge is for sharing, and our expertise is here to support you.
WE ARE NATURALLY ENRICHED, GLOBALLY COMPETITIVE.
Contact us about the unique opportunities available in Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo.